Re: [Harp-L] Recording Harmonica

I have recorded hundreds of tracks over the years. I find the acoustic
harmonica records best with a dynamic mic like the SM-58 or similar, but
amplified harp records best with an SM 57 or something like that. Not with a
condenser mic....
Just my 2c worth!
John "Whiteboy" Walden,
Rutherglen, Scotland
(Just now)

In a message dated 12-Apr-16 1:09:43 P.M. GMT Daylight Time,
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

On Mon,  Apr 11, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Slim Heilpern <slim@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

> recording harmonica in the studio

âThey tend to  place mics high, as in recording vocals. Ask them to place
the mic a bit  lower, under the hands, or you pick up any nose-breathing
soundsâ!  <grin>

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in  Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL