[Harp-L] Re: Recording Harmonica

 I found this excellent article on recording harmonica in the studio.  http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may13/articles/harmonica.htm  When recording acoustic harp one thing that's always bothered me when recording through condenser mics is that the mic is so sensitive that the difference between cupped and open hands is greatly exaggerated by the mic.  I wanted to know if other players have the same problem and if so, what strategy do they use to prevent this from happening.  I have a nice Joe Meek compressor/preamp and am going to experiment with using compression to smooth out the levels.

David Pearce