Re: [Harp-L] Double Reed Plate Harmonicas

"First, maybe 5 â 10 years ago, broken
reeds were something to worry about.  "
Hmm....what about if it's a Suzuki, spot welded reed?
I've got a Zombor Kovaks beast, with the internal valve set up.
Cost me about 400 Oz $$.
I've got a dead reed and will have to send it back to wherever in eastern
Europe to get it fixed,
unless I want to buy Suzuki's reed replacement gizmos.
I'm stuck between 'overblow' setups, 30 reed harps with all their problems,
and chromatics, which don't always suit the tunes I want to play (ie either
too hokey, or too sweet.)
 I just want to be able to play 'When you're smiling' in first position in
the middle octave.
OBs are OK, but if the 30 reed harp was perfected, I'd be very happy,
especially
if my local music store stocked them so I could grab one the same day as
the gig
RD