Re: [Harp-L] Double thickness reed plates? [getting long]

Interesting discussion but I must question how accurate some statements/ theories are.  Consider just how little of the reed actually comes through the reed plate, then explain how any certain reed can reach all the way through two thicknesses, especially the short reeds.  I can understand, and measure, long reeds reaching through both thicknesses, but the short reeds do not swing all the way through.  While playing exposed reedplates off my harps
I cannot feel the short reed come thru with my tongue!  I do plan on building a 364 double reedplate soon.
Sent via Mini iPad 3