Re: [Harp-L] Double thickness reed plates?

âCompressionâ generally means forcing more gas into a fixed volume or reducing the volume of a a closed space, increasing pressure.  Increasing chamber size would have the opposite effect.

I donât think it is used that way by harmonica players.  In a harmonica, I think it means muffling the sound and reducing the airflow by closing the leakage paths in the harmonica and hand cup.  I would like to know precisely how yâall define âcompression.â

In any case, I canât see how plate thickness would have any effect on it.

Vern