[Harp-L] Nickel/Chrome Plating brass

 When I play a brass combed harmonica for a long period of time my lips get very sensitive and hurtÂwhere the brass contacts the skin. It stays sore for days. I now mostly play harmonicasÂthat haveÂno brass contacting me, but I really enjoy my 364's and 365's and others with brass combs. On some units I clean the contact area thoroughly then apply some of my wife's fingernail polish. It helps a great deal once the odor has gassed out, but isn't the final answer. I have been considering the feasibility of either nickel or chrome plating just the area of concern, but not the whole reed plate,Âand wonder if anyone has experience doing that? I found a couple kits at Micro-MarkÂhere: http://www.micromark.com/plug-n-plate-copy-chrome-plating-kit,8327.htmlÂthat look promising.
Lockjaw LarryCruising and bruising and breathing music daily