Re: [Harp-L] harp and sax on stage - how to share the sandbox?

Sax players are usually louder and already have tone. Agree with bfrain but
I have often played chord structures that they cannot do easily and
improvised on a higher register. It is generally not a good idea to be
honking at the same time as them as it creates a wall of sound and hard on
the listeners. As harp players we have more flexibility. The sax players
tend to be very repetitive in their licks. They are not all Coltranes or
Dexter Gordons.