[Harp-L] Harmonica 1 & Repertoire

Hey y'all,

Here's a reminder that the Jalopy Theater and School of Music in Brooklyn,
NY is starting their fall sessions this week and I'm offering my beginners
class in addition to offering private lessons. This semester is 7 sessions
long over two months, classes are scheduled at 8:00pm and last an hour..

http://jalopy.biz/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_39&osCsid=ororrarv8v461r3ilqgo3as9g2

Here's the class description:

In Harmonica 1 you'll learn the basic skills used in blues, gospel, folk,
bluegrass, and old time music; including hand positioning, blowing,
drawing, bending, swells, sliding, playing chords, straight harp vs. cross
harp, and clean control of single notes.

Each week Trip will introduce a new set of skills, then will slowly go over
and play a song that applies those skills. The emphasis is on learning and
applying, and each class includes a review of songs from earlier weeks.
Playing by ear is encouraged if the student is comfortable trying it and
hard copy tab is provided for all songs. Each class ends with a 2-5 minute
summary for recording devices.

Please bring 10-hole diatonic harmonicas in the keys of A and C. Also bring
a recording device. Harmonicas are available for purchase in the Jalopy
Music Store.

--
*Trip Henderson*
https://soundcloud.com/trip-henderson