[Harp-L] Video from the Inc Magazine battle of the Bands

Hi all,

I played the finals of the Inc Magazine Battle of the Corporate Bands at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Saturday, and it was a blast.  The HOF video'd the proceedings, and that video will be available soon.  In the meantime, I've posted a video of my band's performance at the semifinals in May at Gypsy Sally's in Washington DC.  I used the same rig for that show that I used in the finals: an Audix Fireball V mic into a Digitech iStomp running the Swingshift pitch shifter into a Digitech RP500 running tweaked versions of my patches for Digitech RP.  Check it out:

http://www.hunterharp.com/the-2015-battle-of-the-bands-is-over-and-it-was-a-blast/

In order to minimize patch changes in the show and keep my floor setup organized, I programmed my normal RP500 patches to include extra modulation FX, distortions, etc., all of which are easily turned on and off in performance with the RP500's dedicated FX footswitches.  So, for example, on my performance of the J. Geils arrangement of "First I look at the Purse," I begin with an amped-up patch based on Gibson GA40 amp and cab models, then add a low octave double and/or a vibrato as necessary to turn the harmonica into an organ.  I plan to distribute the patches I used for this performance to my RP500 patchset licensees soon.  Stay tuned.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: @lightninrick