[Harp-L] Bill Lifford will be playing live - Long Island Blues Society talent competition SUNDAY Sept. 20

Hello everyone,

I will be playing acoustically with Drew "Junior" Davis at the Long Island
Blues Society's annual talent competition next Sunday, September 20, 2015.
Drew will be on guitar and I'll be singing, playing harmonica, and kicking
and stomping.

There are two categories in the competition:  Band and Solo/Duo.
Obviously, we'll be competing as a duo, and we'll be trying to earn the
chance to represent the Long Island Blues Society at the International
Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN.

The show is from 2PM to 7PM at Katie's, on Jericho Turnpike in Smithtown.
Katie's is a great venue for live music and the show is going to be great.
There will be several bands, along with two other duos:  Bobby and Joanne
Nathan, and the Strickland/Stillman duo.  Bands include the Hitman Blues
Band, the Red, White & Blues band, the Johnny Mac band and Blues to
Backstreet.

One thing:  We'll play a 20 minute set, but I won't get our start time
until we get there... they draw straws or something to make it fair to all
competitors.  So we could play at any time during that 2PM to 7PM
timeframe.  All the more reason to get there early and enjoy the other
bands/duos!

I believe there's a $10 cover as well.

For more information:  Long Island Blues Society's Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/LongIslandBluesSociety>

Thanks, and hope to see you there,

Bill and Drew