[Harp-L] Tony Eyers Trio clocked at 145

The Tony Eyers Trio have recorded Goldrush, the classic Bill Monroe bluegrass tune. You can see it at https://youtu.be/sJREryOweyM

Once again we've used the low G Hohner Thunderbird, tuned to Major Cross. We raised the speed to 145 bpm for this one, possible only because of lead instrument modifications by Australian harmonica customiser Neil Graham. We were lucky to escape the attention of the New South Wales highway patrol. Safety officers are now inspecting our instruments, their clearance will precede any future high speed outings.

We play the lead instruments in 3rd position. With Major Cross tuning, this suits modal tunes like Goldrush. The Major Cross sound here is very different sound to standard Richter 3rd position.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays