[Harp-L] Re: Golden Melody from the 90's

The Golden Melody was one of the last of Hohnerâs harmonicas that used pins
to fix the reedplates to the comb.   Those Golden Melodys with six screws
lined up three in the front and three directly behind were Hohnerâs first
attempt to switch to reedplate screws.  The result was unsatisfactory in
regard to airtightness, so production reverted temporarily back to pins
while I was tasked with determining if an acceptable method could be found
to use screws.  I produced samples in all possible screw configurations and
found that the one that matched the original pin configuration was equal to
pins in airtightness and performance, so reedplate screws were reintroduced
into the Golden Melody using this configuration.

Best regards,

Rick