[Harp-L] Golden Melody from the 90's

I bought a golden Melody Bb some time in the 90's and it always sounded
dull to me, so it eventually ended up in my parts box. At some point i
considered changing the comb but when I opened it up the reed plate screws
did not match any other Golden Melody I had seen. there were 6 screws. Two
at each end and two in the middle. Each set of two was in line with the
others, one front and one back.

Was this a short lived style, a counterfeit or something else completely?

--
Derwood
derwood.blues@xxxxxxxxx