Re: [Harp-L] Richard Hunter RP500 patch update

Richard Hunter wrote:

Hi all,

I've been steadily developing a new set of patches for the Digitech RP500, whose stompbox-inspired footswitch setup begs for patches that include every category of effect Digitech puts in the box... <clip>

Interesting you should mention your Huntersounds patches and "stompbox" in the same sentence, Richard. I had a similar thought but probably with a different kind of stompbox in mind. You may remember that I am a happy user of your patches for my lowly little RP150 (which I am still digging). My solo act uses several of your patches as well as a looping device and, importantly, an ~acoustic~ (read wooden) stompbox. One of the main uses for the looper is to record and play back my stomps on the stompbox. Lets me concentrate of other stuff.

So I got to wondering to what extent it might be possible to incorporate an acoustic stompbox "kick" sound patch effect using the RPs expression pedal. It could be used on a live-time basis, as you press the pedal rhythmically or, even better, based on a tap-tempo style "tapped in" rhythm. I'm aware that the RP500 lacks a built-in drum machine but reckoned that with your facility with reprogramming the thing, the sky seems to be the limit. So, why not ask? 8^)

Thanks,

Michelle