Re: [Harp-L] Re: ***SPAM*** Harp-L Digest, Vol 147, Issue 14

On Nov 24, 2015, at 4:45 PM, jon kip wrote:

>> From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Danny Welton is not an easy guy to work with; saw this close up at the 1994 SPAH convention, while George Smith is not someone who would have been on the radar of people working with Sinatra. Toots would have been on their radar, and could have worked out on a better day, perhaps. Tommy Morgan would have defintely been on the radar and in LA , would have been the guy to call normally.
>
> I just asked Tom, and apparently , he never worked with Frank, at least that's what he remembers ....not doing.
>
> Tom had similar thoughts about Danny, I think, from that same SPAH convention....before my time.

At the end of his performance, Mr. Welton started 'loosing it' and I , (acting as master at arms, under the request of v.p. Norm Dobson) had to escort Mr. Welton to his dressing room, whereupon he got into his street clothes and I took him and his girl friend down to the Rum Boogie cafe on Beale st. (Memphis) and got them a table. It was the culmination of a week of keeping tabs on him. And short stopping incidents between him and Jerry Murad and Pete Pedersen. I was able to reason with him. But I think that working with him could be a chore. I credit his behavior with his having been a veritable child star, had been in several movies, with the likes of Marlon Brando, Lee Marvin, Frank Sinatra, etc., and therefore having a high degree of esteem for himself.

smo-joe