RE: [Harp-L] Sinatra and harmonica

I think they didn't want a good blues diatonic player for the Sinatra session-

Also, the pool of players that they would call would be small, partially due to the probable discrimination present for major label studio sessions in that time period. Contractors call players for a Sinatra session!

I feel that they would have gotten a similar result on diatonic from most any chromatic centric/"legit"/jazz player of the day.
Being a good chromatic player and a good diatonic are related, yet different skillsets.
Very much like the difference between my sax playing vs. my clarinet or flute playing.

BTW, I grew up listening to Sinatra and now remember this record - I probably thought that was great diatonic playing back then.
I also only heard Toots on diatonic one other time - on a song by Melanie (of Brand New Key fame)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Michael Peloquin
Check out my new DVD sets: Pro Harmonica/Pro Saxophone Secrets Made Simple
 http://harpsax.com