Re: [Harp-L] Koch harp

I think the Koch harmonica has been gone from the Hohner line up for awhile now. Hohner no longer references either one on their website. The Slide Harp lingered a bit longer but it too seems to have finally disappeared. The Slide Harp being the valved version of the Koch. The un-valved Koch was a leaky sieve of an instrument. They were work to play. If you really wanted one I would think they'd be relatively easily found on eBay and or the internet in general. I think many of them were bought but none of them really got much playing time. I've got at least 2 probably 3 of them. They came in at least a couple of keys, C and G. I kind of remember an F version but I cannot find any catalogue evidence of that so perhaps not. The one I could lay my hands on was re-tuned diminished. Like virtually every 260 and 280 bodied harmonica I own the comb is split in at least one place.