Re: [Harp-L] 1 4 5 chord

All holes you mention work over all the changes - EXCEPT - 3 hole inhale. When over the IV chord, this note MUST be played as 3 hole inhale first bend.

Great way to hear this is to find a backing track for I-IV-V blues and stay on the 3 hole inhale the hole time. Notice what happens when the chord moves to IV and why the inhale first bend sound great while everything else works with the inhale note.

Try playing 3 hole inhale over the IV and see what this sound like, too.

> On May 30, 2015, at 3:53 PM, Tony Stephens <tnysteph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> I have to ask just how important is it to stay in this pattern? If playing
in 2nd position on a C would any holes drawing work from 6 to 1?