Restoring 64 Chromonica, WAS:Re: [Harp-L] Identify this 64 Chromonica

With the cracked comb now glued, the plates do not fit at all!
I would say the wood comb has shrunk, because the brass is the more stable
material.
Not just a little bit, but WAY off.

Should the gap in the old comb be filled, rather than closing the gap with
glue, thereby maintaining the original spacing?
(Although there would be other points of mismatch from shrinkage, too.)

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com