Re: [Harp-L] overblow terminology

Well, there are other bends as well. For instance, the blow reed can be
lowered in pitch on holes 1 - 6 through bending.

I just clipped a Snark tuner on a D Golden Melody and found I could lower
the 6 hole blow reed from an A to an Ab. This is without any valving-which
makes that particular kind of bend easier to do. I'm not sure what to call
that kind of bend, but I know it's different than say the 10 hole blow bend
which involves the draw reed.

It would be nice to develop a consistent terminology for harp players like
you suggest. Maybe someone smart who's good at definitions like Winslow,
Vern, or Brendan could chime in. My brain's already starting to hurt.

Eric