Re: [Harp-L] CBS Evening News

Back in1938 when I was in the second grade our grade school teacher had us
all buy Hohnor Marine Band harmonicas in the key of C. They cost every bit
of 40 or 50 cents each. But hey, this was in Texas deep into the depression
and every buck was precious. I got to where I really looked forward to
music class. She had us play only two parts, melody and harmony. I
discovered I liked music and had an ear for it. Through later I
concentrated on the clarinet, I always had a love in my heart for the
harmonica. Years later my daughter's grade school teacher choose the
recorder for her students. I'm sure most any instrument would work, but I'm
glad my teacher choose harmonicas.

Dale Collins