Re: [Harp-L] single 12" speaker config vs 2 x10" speaker config?

For live playing I say go with the 12". For smaller venues (like shot and
beer taverns) I suggest the 2 10s. If you always have a way to mic the amp,
or it has a line out to a PA, then it's up to you. The 2 10s USUALLY have a
better overdriven response but then again it depends on the amplifier
itself and not just the speaker configuration. I play a lot of
rock/blues... so for what it's worth, I hardly ever play in a place quiet
enough for 2 10s  to stand a chance with a crowd. Hell, the band's on stage
volume usually overpowers the amp anyway.