      From: Mick Zaklan <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 9:53 AM
 Subject: [Harp-L] huge numbers and not-so-huge

 These two seem to be racking up huge YouTube numbers playing
contemporary pop music on their harmonicas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLvv_rrSH4.
 Not exactly my cup of tea, but some of the commenters seem to be
interested in learning how to play the harmonica after seeing the vids.
Which is a great thing. The more players, the more eventual virtuosos.
The more virtuosos, the more respect for the instrument.
 Not so huge numbers, but I love the very brief treatment of "I've Got
Rhythm" here:Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMBOWai_QM.  Our list has
quite a few people trying to make the diatonic harp sound like a
chromatic. For a few seconds here, I thought Anthony was trying to make
a chromatic sound like a diatonic. Referring to some of the chugging chord
work.

Mick Zaklan