Re: [Harp-L] Little Walter is overrated

If Little Walter did not play the "Chicken Shack", Paul would never did his version. I like Paul I even have this CD and I must say IMHO this is not the best song from it. And I can compare Paul version to Walters (with all respect to Paul). Little Walter has better vibrato, tone and timing. What Paul does better is to follow melody and this speedy top-off-the harp stuff. The rest of his solo is in terms of classic chicago blues- a Butterfield's stuff. Nothing new