Re: [Harp-L] Little Walter is overrated

I listened to that, Fred. Sure; fine player, as you say, 'kicks butt'. But
I'm tired of having my bottom kicked
by contemporary hot shots. Walter's playing is so much more relaxed and
spontaneous, to my ears.
Also, the older rhythm sections, pre-white boy rock, are just so much
cooler, as is the whole rhythmic approach by
all players. Sorry old chap, but I'd say you just like what you like (fair
enough) and yes, you are "missing something".
But then if you don't miss it, then you're not missing anything.
However, if the esteem  in which Walter is held irks you, I'd say you are
perhaps missing the something that you are missing.
I hope I've made myself perfectly clear, and have not missed anything.
RD