[Harp-L] Little Walter is overrated

Ok, I've been on harp-L since the mid 90's.  Love the list.  It suddenly
occurred to me that Little Walter is overrated, I have the complete LW CD
set.  Like some of the tunes.  Some good harp playing.  I guess it was
innovative at the time.  Compared to what the folks on this list are doing,
not so much.  Case in point:  Chicken Shack.  A quick YouTube search found
an awesome version by Paul Harrington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTa9y6rWdsA

I was pointed back to the Little Walter version.  No comparison.  Paul kicks
butt. Yeah, LW was a pioneer.  So was Daniel Boone.  So what!  Am I missing
something?  Personally, I like almost all contemporary players better.  Just
because he was the first, does that make him the best?  Sorry, I don't get
it.  Give me BW, Butter, Slim Harpo, Sonny Terry anytime.  I just think this
guy is over rated.

Fred S