RE: [Harp-L] Harp Customizers

Funny you say that; the second I sent that I thought to myself âI wonder if theyâre still using that stuff?â Honestly, I just donât keep up with the specifications, what people are doing, new innovations. Iâve been pretty loyal to one tech for a decade or so, and I donât ask questions because I donât have to. I know many of us fall into the other camp, who wants to know everything thatâs done to the harp â whatâs use to seal it, the changes to the action, etc â and I just want to know that when it comes out of the box it plays like a dream.

Cheers,

Evan

From: Rick Dempster [mailto:rickdempster33@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:28 PM
To: Evan Meagher; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp Customizers

"Micropore"? It has been a long time since you had work done. Haven't heard that one since the 90s.

RD

On 21 May 2015 at 04:49, Evan Meagher <meagher@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:meagher@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

Dear Harp-L,

It's been a while since I had to get a harp cleaned up, but one of my old
customized harps blew out and I had to buy a store bought Blues Harp the day
before a gig because I didn't have a backup Bb. I've played it once (on one
song), and it wasn't bad, but I'm pretty dead set on getting it in the hands
of a high-quality customizer. It's been so long that I don't know who still
does this kind of work; any recommendations on someone who will take a harp,
seal it, micropore it, etc?

Cheers,

Evan Meagher

---