Re: [Harp-L] Why is intelligent music is dying

I don't think it's just 'intelligence', Randy. Older, simple ethnic styles
have depth and sensitivity, and have an implicit
'social' intelligence, the result of the great compost heap of shared
culture.
So much modern music, and that includes everything from
bottom-of-the-barrel blues etc to
'intelligent' jazz, is just narcissistic, solipsistic drivel.
RD