[Harp-L] new movie

   Cool trailer for the new Sam Lay movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVqeJmD9FYI.  Consummate drummer Lay is
playing a "Who Do You Love" groove with, I think, Billy Branch blowing
strong harp behind him while a parade of talking heads explain why there
should be a movie about Sam Lay.
   They'll get no argument from me; apart from being the king of the
shuffle drummers, the guy always hires and works with wonderful harp
players.  Besides whoever is blowing through the trailer; Charlie
Musselwhite and Corky Siegal offer commentary.  Then there's Sam's ancient
home movies of guys like Little Walter, Jimmy Reed, Paul Butterfield, and a
young James Cotton relaxing in blues clubs.
   Definitely worth a peek if you're into blues harp history or just want
to watch one of the all-time great characters in American roots music.

Mick Zaklan