[Harp-L] Impedance Convertors - a must have for sounding good

Many of us, myself included, go for low impedance vocal style mics. I use the Audix Fireball V, others use Shure SM58s and 57s, with the "Bulletizer" versions from Greg Heuman at BlowsMeAway.com recent and welcome addition.

When plugging these mics are plugged into an amp or effects pedal, they need an impedance convertor. I found this out 5 years ago, 25 years after I should have. If you use one of these mics, and have not tried an impedance convertor, then do it. The improvement is substantial and immediate.

Problem is, most impedance convertors are a bulky attachment on the end of a mic cable, just waiting for someone to bump it and damage the input socket of your amp.

Unless of course you use the Audix T50k impedance convertor, which has a short cable between the two connectors, thus solving the bulky attachment problem.

I am about to recommend a mic to a new student. I was thinking of the Audix Fireball V as a good all rounder, but couldn't find anyone retailing the necessary impedance convertor. I emailed Rockin Ron, a week later it was on his site, for $24.95

You can find it here: http://rockinronsmusicsd.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=475

So. Get one. Thank me later. Better still, buy me a beer if ever we should meet.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com