[Harp-L] RE: the blues: not the key

Wise words:

"There is a big difference, it seems to me, between working in traditional
forms and self-imitation. Take the blues, for instance. There are really
only two classic guitar chord-progressions for the blues, and those two
progressions are essentially the same.

Now, answer me this - just because John Lee Hooker plays almost everything
he ever wrote in the key of E or the key of A, does that mean he's running
on autopilot, doing the same thing over and over again? Plenty of John Lee
Hooker fans (not to mention fans of Bo Diddley,Muddy Waters, Furry Lewis
and all the other greats) would say it doesn't. It's not the key you play
it in, these blues aficionados would say; it's the soul you sing it with."

Endnotes from Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
Stephen King

https://youtu.be/lvla8vEoyNE