[Harp-L] Not Always bored with the blues

Thanks Randy and as you mentioned Sugar Blues..although maybe not as intended I checked it out again. The Real Clyde McCoy version just rocks !! Itâs a great melody and pretty straight forward to play in first position early trumpet style as its in C. Its not a 1-4 -5  but cleverly uses basic chords including the 6th for 16 bars plus the tag..(Written by the masterful Clarence Williams !)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjemjB3kgAM

Thereâs of course hundreds of classic blues songs from say Bessie and Ida etc to say Uncle Ray that go beyond  1-4 -5 with added chords including a 2nd or a 6th e.g.Nobody Knows You down n Out ..Nobodyâs Business What I Do..Need Some Sugar In My Bowl..Drown In My own Tears .. etc etc.

Personally I love Django, who for me just bluesâd everything no matter what, and with my band Cafe Django apart from chromatic many numbers also swing great on diatonic 2nd (sometimes 1st) to add that bluesy tone ..such as Rose Room, Tiger Rag, It Had To Be You, Sheik Of Araby.Etc !

As many have eloquently said thereâs a wild adventure beyond our beloved 1-4 -5 so I guess respect is due to Mr Randy for knowingly putting his head above the parapet !

Best/Peter