Re: [Harp-L] Chicago blues festival harp line-up

 Mick Zaklan wrote:
<Now might be a good time to remind the list that the Chicago Blues Fest
<is nearing.  Populated chiefly by older guys with white ponytails, European
<and Asian tourists, the fest takes place June 12-14 and is the world's
<largest free blues festival.
<Such derivative and clichÃÂ-ridden harpists as Billy Branch, Sugar Blue,
<Jerry Portnoy, Paul Oscher, Taj Mahal, Studebaker John, John Nemeth, and
<Joe Nosek will be appearing.  Also our own list member, Scott Albert
<Johnson.

This is a convenient time to note that I'm listening to Scott Albert Johnsons's new CD "Going Somewhere," and it's amazing. Great tunes, and some of the most original harmonica work I've heard in years.  The harp tone is blues, but the lines are completely fresh and absent of cliche.  Well worth the listen.  Stay tuned for a full review of this record at hunterharp.com.

Regards, Richard Hutner