Re: [Harp-L] Totally bored with the blues genre

you are correct, sir...i hate that...the audience deserves better...the BLUES deserves better...i spent 6 mos trying to put a band together here in austin, but most of the guys here are so lazy, they dont wanna rehearse, do some different stuff besides 145's, etc etc...
in phoenix, i just gave the guys a cd with the songs, and they got all over it, including butterfield's "countryside' which we performed at the glendale jazz blues festival in front of 4000 with zero practice and nailed it.  not bragging. just saying.
the blues takes dedication to keep it simple and complex at the same time...it can be the greatest genre of all time, or it can be dull as can be after a coupla tunes...i aint staying to watch anybody go thru the motions playing 145's all night...i have stayed all night watching jimmy vaughn!