Re: [Harp-L] Totally bored with the blues genre

The problem is, most musicians typically aren't that great in a number of areas...we all need to get on it and really kick it up! But I must admit I get bored if it's a coupla sets of 145's...
We gotta get creative with intros/outros, rhythms, etc...just a few that come to mind:
Pawnshop bound...wm clarke
Louisiana fog...musselwhite
When you put together set lists, you really gotta mix it up...heck, I got bored and left a kim wilson blues review show after five tunes cuz everything was sounding the same...
We used to do a version of led zep...bring it on home, sort of...started it like sunny boy, then kicked into the middle zep up tempo part, with harp on part of the famous riff...no vox there except "bring it on ho-ooh-ome" it was awesome...audience couldnt believe it...helps to have a real guitar player...
So, there are a lot of things you can do...try covering im a man yardbirds style...gloria with a harp section...there are many directions you can take the blues...so many roads...