[Harp-L] Chicago blues festival harp line-up

   Now might be a good time to remind the list that the Chicago Blues Fest
is nearing.  Populated chiefly by older guys with white ponytails, European
and Asian tourists, the fest takes place June 12-14 and is the world's
largest free blues festival.
   Such derivative and clichÃ-ridden harpists as Billy Branch, Sugar Blue,
Jerry Portnoy, Paul Oscher, Taj Mahal, Studebaker John, John Nemeth, and
Joe Nosek will be appearing.  Also our own list member, Scott Albert
Johnson.
   This will be of little interest to some jazz harmonica players, who will
perhaps view it as something akin to a trip to musical kindergarten.  Feel
free to skip it.  I will, however, be enjoying the reedwork and our
beautiful lakefront.

Mick Zaklan