Re: [Harp-L] Totally bored with the blues genre

Randy my friend... you seem to have much passion for something that you
despise.

Money is the bottom line. The Blues can fill a lot of seats at a lot of
gigs on any given night. High paying gigs.... not often enough but they are
gigs. Does the music that you endorse have a lot of available gigs in
anytown USA? Do the folks that fill seats at the gigs you endorse have that
same passion and community that makes the Blues a musical language
internationally?

The gigs come from a magical and musical connection with the audience.
Three Chords and a good beat fills seats. Add intense sometimes loose real
life lyrics and you suck people into a "nice place" .Rock n' Roll was three
chords too. Country and Western and Folk music have a lot of classic and
great songs with only three chords in them.

Is more always better? More chords and complex time signatures make "better
music? Chromatic runs up and down your chromatic shaft take people to a
better place than the blues can?

To say or even think that somehow the blues diatonic players "cheapen" the
instrument. Grow up dude.....you are a worldly man as you have shared. What
the 'F ' does that have to do with your instrument of choice and the music
that you want to play? If a clown could juggle with pianos would that
cheapen the instrument? To think that somehow this "blues 3 chord stigma"
that you have a passion about hating affects how people look at you when
you play music is pretty scary thinking in my book.

Just Play.....

By the way... I love you and miss you. I enjoyed our times together at SPAH
conventions. :-)

wb