Re: [Harp-L] Popper and Fender Harp

I played a silverface Twin Reverb for years. At the time I used a Shure 520D. I regret selling that amplifier. It was great to gig with and I loved the tone. In the end I sold it because the Mesa STR 415 tubes stopped being available and it just never sounded the same without them. Decades later I think you can buy decent 6L6's again but I've moved on. Didn't Paul Butterfield play Twin at some point in his career? Personally I kind of miss the sound of the 12's in the Twin. I had awful Utahs that were amazingly good after I had them re-coned. fjm