[Harp-L] Tom Byrne - Irish Harmonica

Wow! What a player. He's totally slipped my radar, I thought I knew who was who in this scene. I wonder if Brendan knows him?

The thing I particularly like is the control that he has. Often you get the feeling of a runaway train when harmonica players do the Irish tunes. It may sound OK, but the train is only just holding on to the tracks.

Not so with this guy. Everything is just where he wants it to be. The same was true with Brendan's "New Irish Harmonica" album, which showed me and many others that this music could be played with passion and absolute precision. From the samples I've heard, I'd put this guy up there with Brendan.

Maybe we could entice him on to harp-l?

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com