[Harp-L] Re: circular breathing, Bernie Bray Award

Mick: That's much better use of the technique. Lower register.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mick Zaklan <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: philharpn <PhilHarpn@xxxxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jun 25, 2015 8:49 pm
Subject: circular breathing, Bernie Bray Award

Hey Phil,
 Thanks for taking the time to read the post. I get your point. Myself, I'm not much interested in the high end of harp. But a sustained note anywhere on the harp during a solo usually creates a nice tension and release effect. Here's another example of circular breathing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAb0JqMVgM.Â; It's a very nifty instrumental in which Jim pretends he is a Hammond organist. Our fearless leader, fjm, was curious aboutÂhow theÂHammond effect was achieved...if anyone can supply an answer. The circular breathing starts shortly after the one minute mark.

Mick Zaklan