[Harp-L] Scottish and Irish Fiddle tunes

For Irish Fiddle tunes (or any other instrument for that matter) the usual
starting place is O'Neill's 1001,the "must have" for any serious Irish trad
enthusiast. Comhaltas Ceoltoiri and Walton's are also good sources for Irish
tune books. Of course a lot of Irish tunes are "borrowed" from Scottish
tunes and sometimes vice versa.

For Scottish tunes I would expect good leads from Box and Fiddle magazine -
a Scots publication. Kerr's of Glascow used to have excellent tune books
with lots of Strathspeys and the like, but I am not sure if they are still
in business. Don't forget Cape Breton and Nova Scotia.

Happy Hunting!

Aongus Mac Cana