Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica mic

> On Jun 10, 2015, at 9:36 PM, Randy Redington <rwredington@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Latley I've been working on my embroucher, trying to keep a steady full
> tone. It's amazing on how much just that alone affects how I sound.

Randy, embouchure is far more important to your tone than an other single thing you can doâand itsâ free, sort of. All it costs is time and practice. Iâve seen guys top pros get killer sound out of crappy-assed house mics and sketchy PAs. And Iâve seen guys at jam sessions with thousands of dollars of custom and boutique gear whose sound is thinner than their hair. IMHO, people shouldnât invest in high end amps and expensive mics until they can get fat sound acoustically. Youâll hear it even when you donât cup and when you blow through low-end equipment. Playing amplified definitely has its own techniques. Like smoke is to BBQ, different amps and mics flavor your sound they donât put the meat on the bones. Thatâs embouchure. :-)

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld