Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica mic

I'm no professional or anything, but I think a vocal mic works just fine. I
would venture to guess that your friend is looking for a cleaner sound.
But it depends on what kind of music you are playing as to what sound you
want.
I've done alot of reading on this topic and everyone has a subjective
preference. So it's kinda hard to get a precise answer to what makes a good
mic.
I got lucky one day and picked up an old ev605 mic at a used instrument
store, and I love it. It's abit smaller than the green bullet that everyone
seems to have, so for me...it's easier to hold. But I also have an sm57
with Greg Heumann's bulletizer attached to it.
Latley I've been working on my embroucher, trying to keep a steady full
tone. It's amazing on how much just that alone affects how I sound.

Randy Redington