Re: [Harp-L] Low tuned Harps

I'm curious how you would all rate low note harps in terms of brands:
Suzuki Manji m20...Hohner
Thunderbird...Seydel.  Any info about differences or comparison would  be
appreciated.

Blues Girl Phyllis
Isn't it wonderful the  way the world holds both the deeply serious, and
the unexpectedly  mirthful?

In a message dated 6/8/2015 7:30:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bad_hat@xxxxxxxx writes:

On  6/7/15 1:24 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
> I'm playing Seydel Solist Pro 12  Steel SBS-type low harmonicas when
> possible. The low-notes are very  saxophone-like and are great for
> octave-blocking.

How does  that work, the SBS tuning resolves in 13 holes hence Hohner's
use of a  365-14 comb and plate as the basis of this tuning.  Does Seydel
just  leave the top 2 notes off of the  harmonica?