[Harp-L] Shtreiml & Ismail Fencioglu - Jewish Roots & Turkish Blues

Dear European and UK-based harmonicists.

My group Shtreiml & Ismail Fencioglu will be performing in London on November 18, 2015. We're looking for some other performance opportunities  while overseas. Shtreiml & Ismail Fencioglu, recently nominated for a Canadian Folk Music Award  for World Group of the Year performs an innovative program of music rooted in the Ottoman and Jewish traditions, but brimming with hard-rock sensibilities and dexterous improvisational know-how. It is replete with fleet-fingered oud playing, fiery harmonica brilliance all powered by their rhythm section's incomparable Balkan flair. Check out our music and video below.

"This is innovative instrumental music which refuses to be pigeonholed by simple categorization, from a band that continues to

Alex Brown. Review of "Eastern Hora." Rootsworld. January 28, 2014

"The music played by the Montreal-based collective can more succinctly be described as Turkish blues. The interplay between Ismail Fencioglu, an oud virtuoso from Istanbul, and harmonica player Jason Rosenblatt, wasn't far removed from the partnership of the legendary Chicago blues duo of Buddy Guy and Junior Wells"

Timothy Finn. The Kansas City Star. February 23, 2014

Our Website: http://www.shtreiml.com
Link to our music:  https://soundcloud.com/shtreiml/sets/shtreiml-ismail-fencioglu
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dy21Sr3BA&list=PLyA_Ggl9bnMFcSnlFVh9ZIyiWp5SHovmb

Best wishes,