[Harp-L] Radical 3D Printed Combs for the Hohner 270

The Hohner Chromonica is THE classic chromatic harmonica. Alongside the
Marine Band 1896, the 270 Chromonica is an iconic model that's remained
virtually unchanged for over 100 years. Its small size, short-stroke slider
mechanism and warm tone have an enduring appeal - but often a 270 stops
working well because of warping and cracking problems with the pearwood
comb.

For the first time, I'm bringing the 21st Century maker tech of 3D printing
to breathe fresh life (literally!) into this venerable classic with my
radical own-design Power Combs, in two models. 3D printing in stable
non-absorbent ABS plastic eliminates cracking/warping, and allows the
inclusion of complex internal chamber shapes to optimise airflow and reduce
chamber volume, for improved reed response throughout the range. I also
incorporate screwed reedplate attachment, to allow easy repeated
disassembly. And it's not all dry and scientific; 3D printing allows me to
offer lots of bright, cheerful colours to tart up this grand old lady of the
harmonica world!

I'm offering the combs finished, or in a raw un-sanded state, with
attachment screws. 270 owners can do the install themselves, by following
along with a real-time 20 minute video showing how to replace the original
nailed wood comb with the screwed-on Power Comb. More info and ordering
here:

http://brendan-power.com/harmonicas-combs.php#270

Below is a direct link to the assembly video. Even if you just want improve
your existing 270 without a new comb, this video gives lots of useful
technical advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d85E4NK18s

For those not confident to do the assembly themselves, I can also supply a
fully-assembled new 270 with Power Comb.

Cheers,

Brendan

 <http://www.brendan-power.com/> www.brendan-power.com

 <http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic>