Re: [Harp-L] flying with pedal board

I have a Pedaltrain PT-Jr pedalboard  (medium size one) with about 7 pedals
on it and an AC power cord. I also bring a bullet mic, cord, and 7 harps
(in a zipper wallet case). I put it all in my carry-on, a small (typical
college book bag  style) backpack. I have done this dozens of times and
have NEVER had a problem. Sometimes the TSA people using the X Ray scanner
give it a little bit longer of an examination, but I have never even been
asked about the contents. I was kind of scared the first few times (there's
a lot of cash in those pedals!) but now I dont even give it a second
thought.

*I'd be willing to bet, however, that if you put that same gear in a piece
of checked luggage that they would open it up in a heart beat before
letting it in the airplane's cargo hold.*

I would not, however, throw a small tool bag in there. They can get a
little touchy about screw drivers,a harp repair kit, or just sharp objects
in general (I've heard from others travelling without any harmonica related
gear).