Re: [Harp-L] The Return of the Harmonica - essential reading

Thanks, that was very informative and fun to read.

However, there is one thing that puzzles me,
how can Hohner bring out a *Blues* Harp in the
sixties (see http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q9.html)
while in the seventies they say things like:

"
>?What are all these black people in America,
>these rock-?n?-roll guys, what on earth are
>they doing with our harmonicas???
>As Baker got to know the company better,
>he realized Hohner was especially out of
>touch with the kind of music he loved.
>For them, harmonica music was trios and
>classical music, with harmonica arrangements
>written for the violin parts. ?They thought
>the stuff people like me played?blues and
>rock ?n? roll?was horrible. At the time,
>they didn?t understand it, so they had no
>respect for it.?
" (From the articicle in Tony's link)

??

Arnold