[Harp-L] Ohio State Harmonica Championship is Saturday July 18

The Ohio State Harmonica Championship is Saturday July 18, 2015. The contest takes place at 3 PM at the Eastern High School Gymnasium located at 38900 OH-7, Reedsville, OH 45772, which is 4 miles north of Chester, Ohio. There is no fee to enter or watch.

1stplace $300; 2nd place $150; 3rd place $75

For more details go to http://www.chestercourthouse.com/harmonica.htm

In 2013, Charlie Barath took 1st place among 12 contestants. But he must of scared people away. In 2014 I had the honor of being a judge by the side of Pat Misson, but NO ONE entered the competition. A gentleman that had attended a harmonica workshop earlier in the day was told to sign up at the last minute. He played 2 tunes and went home with $300.

This year I have decided to perform. I hope you will be inspired to come and perform also.

Jim Rumbaugh
The Harmonica Club (Huntington, WV)