[Harp-L] Swing Tune -- Little Rock Getaway

“Bluegrass without Mercy.”  That is the motto of guitarist Jake Workman’s band, Driven.  That was also the instruction I gave to Jake and the other topnotch virtuoso bluegrass musicians on my latest CD, “Bluegrass in the Backwoods.”  I didn’t want anyone to hold back for what they might think are the limitations of harmonica players.  My goal was to keep up and blend in with the other musicians and play similar runs to what they were playing.  As intended, this resulted in a bluegrass CD where the harmonica isn’t featured center stage, but is one of the solo instruments, along with the guitar, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, and dobro.  Here is a progressive bluegrass/swing sample from this CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoKepRcgq1o